This Privacy Statement does not apply to employee records, which are generally exempt from the legislation.
By using this website you hereby consent and agree to this Privacy Statement.
What information do we collect?The types of personal information that we collect from you will depend on the circumstances of collection and on the type of service you request from us. For example, we may collect details during the booking process such as your name, phone number, address, email, travel option and other travel details, credit/debit card number and expiry date, billing address, loyalty program membership details and health issues relevant to your travel arrangements. As we are required by law to obtain your consent to the collection of "sensitive information" we will assume that you have consented to the collection of all information which is provided to us for use in accordance with this Statement, unless you tell us otherwise.
How we collect informationWe may collect personal information about you when you deal with us over the telephone, instant message, send us correspondence (whether by letter, fax or e-mail), visit our web site or when you have contact with us in person. As well as collecting information directly from you, there may be occasions when we collect information about you from a third party. For example:
- from people making travel bookings on your behalf;
- from third party travel agents, sales distributors that collect your personal information and disclose it to us so that we may issue you with your ticket and make and fulfil your travel arrangements or market our products and services to you;
- from other service providers who collect information on our behalf;
- from market research companies contracted by us to obtain information so that we may improve and market our products and services; and
How we use your personal informationWe generally collect your personal information for the following purposes:
- to process your travel arrangements and other transactions;
- to recognize you and spare you from re-entering your data upon your revistis to our sites;
- to get in touch with you, e.g. to send you travel documents or to notify you about new features and special offers on our website;
- to improve the websites and services and adapt them to the needs of our users;
- to recognize, identify and correct malfunctions and possible abuse;
- to facilitate your participation in loyalty programs of other organisations;
- to conduct marketing activities and market research; and
- to create aggregated statistics on access channels and the transaction to our partner’s websites.
Disclosure of personal information to third partiesWe may disclose your personal information to third parties, for example, to our contractors to whom we contract out certain services, travel service providers (e.g. airline, railway, coach operator, hire car company, hotel etc.), loyalty program providers, data processing companies (including operators of global distribution systems and payment clearing houses) for the purpose for which the information was collected or for related purposes, for example, to complete a transaction on your behalf or provide you with a service that you requested. We may also disclose your personal information to various law enforcement agencies and governments around the world for security, customs, tax rebate and immigration purposes. We engage third party contractors to perform services for us, which involves the contractor handling personal information we hold. For example to:
- provide e-mail and mail handling services;
- provide electronic funds transfer services, credit card account processing and related services;
- operate call centres;
- operate some corporate travel sales and fulfillment functions;
- conduct market research;
- assist with obtaining payment from creditors.
In these situations, we will prohibit the third party contractor from using personal information about you except for the specific purpose for which we supply it.
We use a variety of technological measures such as encryption, firewall and/or Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We outsource certain issues to technology service providers (e.g. infrastructure website hosting) or other service providers. We will forward personal data to these service providers only where this is required for them to perform their services for us. We place our service providers under contractual obligation to observe data protection and data security regulations.
Other than the above, we will not disclose your personal information without your consent unless disclosure is either necessary to prevent a threat to life or health, authorised or required by law, reasonably necessary to enforce the law or necessary to investigate a suspected unlawful activity.
Access to and correction of information we hold about you
We will, on request, provide you with access to the information we hold about you, including for the purpose of correcting or updating that information, unless there is an exception under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance.We may recover from you our reasonable costs of supplying you with access to this information.
Your request to provide access to this information will be dealt with in a reasonable time.
If we refuse to provide you with access to the information, we will provide you with reasons for the refusal and inform you of any exceptions relied upon under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance.
Cookies and web beacons are small storage devices and data retrieval that are installed on your computer with the purposes expressed herein and in no case our cookies process personal data or compromising your privacy.
- To save your user settings such as language and currency while on our websites and between visits.
- To store your login status as a registered user (optional), so you do not have to log in again when returning to the website later.
- For the technical assignment of your visit to certain servers to ensure a safe transition between pages and search queries.
- To monitor the performance of our systems (no user-based evaluation of data).
- For web analytics with Google Analytics and similar web analytics services and for creating usage statistics (no user-based evaluation).
- For what is known as re-targeting, i.e. for displaying ads that match your search queries on EuropeRail.Asia, on other websites and in mobile apps.
Keeping your personal information up-to-dateWe will take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete, and up-to-date whenever we collect or use it.
If the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date please contact us and we will take reasonable steps to either correct this information, or if necessary, discuss alternative action with you.
Transfer of information overseas
We may transfer to people in foreign countries any of your personal information to fulfill the purposes set out in this Privacy Statement, for example:
- to our offices overseas;
- to data processors (including operators of global travel distribution systems); and
- airlines, railways, coach operators, hire car companies, hotels and other travel service providers.
Resolving your concerns
If you wish to gain access to your personal information, have a complaint about a breach of your privacy or you have any query on how your personal information is collected or used please forward your request, complaint or query to the address below. We will respond to your query or complaint as soon as possible. Privacy complaints about our acts or practices may be investigated by the Privacy Commissioner who has the power to make a determination including a declaration that the claimant is entitled to compensation.
Room 904, 4-5 Knutsford Terrace, TST, Hong Kong
Changes to this Privacy Statement
We may amend this Privacy Statement as our business requirements or the law changes. Any changes to this Privacy Statement will be updated on this web site, so please visit periodically to ensure that you have our most current privacy statement. In this privacy statement, "we", "us" and EuropeRail.Asia" means Intria Limited BR#60236358